Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Portrait

I'm home for a nice long stretch of time - which is very refreshing. Being on the road all the time does not leave time for any creativity, so 10 weeks home is a good thing.

I had a chance to play and felt like painting a portrait from a photo I took of my daughter. It's a gorgeous photo. I decided to flip her the other direction and use a different head shot, but I absolutely love the painted draping.

I'm not sure about the background or the hair yet, but I'll play another day. Just in case you wanted to trying painting a face, you can check out my "Painted Face for Beginners" DVD (yes BEGINNERS can do this) on my website.



5 comments:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Stunning! Can't wait to see how you finish it

mzjohansen said...

I think it's a winner Bonnie !
Great work.

Unknown said...

beautiful!!!! I added you to my blogroll www.lmpoole.blogspot.com

Your girls are just growing into beautiful women!

bronwynm said...

can't wait to see this finished.

bronwynm said...

can't wait to see this finished.