Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birmingham, UK Here I Come




It has been 3 years since I last went to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England. I did several great VidCast interviews while i was there. Here's the VidCast from the 2008 Festival. http://www.bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/027.html
Well my bags are packed and I'm ready to go back to Festival of Quilts.

I'll be doing lots of videos while I'm there. I'm very excited to finally get to film the Tentmakers of Cairo. I was actually planning on doing a documentary about them and even scheduled my flight to meet Jenny Bowker in Egypt....in February. A few days later it all went crazy in Egypt and I had to cancel. So maybe not a documentary, but I will be doing a VidCast about them.

I met Jenny many years ago when I was teaching in New Zealand. She is one of those people you get blessed to meet. I filmed a VidCast with her in NZ. When I see her she laughs about the fact that when she saw the VidCast of the New Zealand Symposium and didn't see any footage of herself, she figured she ended up on the cutting room floor...she didn't realize I had done a a whole VidCast just about her. :)
http://www.bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/010.html



I have several other VidCast stars lined up to film and who knows what other creative people I'll find that I will need to do a VidCast of.
I'll also be meeting up with Luana Rubin from eQuilter.com to film a little for her.


And of course I'll be doing a VidCast of the Festival itself. . ..stay tuned...it should be up on September 1. If you're at the show and have a quilt, be sure to find me so I can get a photo of you with your quilt.
I'll blog if I can, but ya never know if you can get Internet access...
Bonnie McCaffery
Http://bonniemccaffery.com
- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Hawley, PA

1 comment:

Sue Dennis said...

Sounds like you have a busy, fun time planned Bonnie.