Sunday, March 11, 2012

VidCasts and Travels...

I am so lucky to get to travel the world, meet fascinating people and to be able to produce videos that other people might like to watch. Last year I got to go to New Zealand and Australia (I do know I'm the luckiest person in the world). I met up with several international quilt teachers and decided to do VidCasts with a couple of them.


Lisa Walton from Australia is a hoot. She takes us on a tour of her quilt exhibit and then does a beading demo. http://bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/067.html


Mariya Waters from Australia has the most inventive ways for appliqué and quilting...I was so impressed with her award winning quilts but the demo is what really got me. http://bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/066.html


Yvonne Brown from the UK uses an unusual tool (a soldering iron) to create her Medieval tiles. http://bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/068.html I'm working on a couple more exciting trips. -August 2012 Birmingham UK quilt show - looking for gigs in Europe. -March/early April 2013 return trip to Europe. I'm hoping to exhibit at a quilt show in France in early April and hoping to get some teaching gigs in Europe while I'm there. -April/May 2013 Hawaii, California, Nevada - any groups in those states or on the west coast. So if you know of a group interested in connecting with any of these, please email me at bonnie@bonniemccaffery.com -1 Photo a Day....makes me happy (and a better photographer) Bonnie McCaffery (always a student)

No comments: